executives from listed companies, SMEs, banks and fund management firms in the 24th Annual ASIAMONEY FX Poll.
Call our Treasury Desk on 022 6652 1184 (9:00am to 5:30pm)
■fr HPFC BANK
We understand your world
Action Plan 2015-16
- Manoj Fadnis
Spearheading Professional Excellence
The only constant in life is change. To meet the challenges of change, our Institute has to be proactive. To spearhead growth and excellence, we need to focus our energies on our strengths and attain excellence by aligning our vision with our goals and execute our regulatory function in an effective manner. Integrating our core inner values with actions should be the mantra of success of our Institute.
We must champion the practice of educational and professional excellence on a national and international level. Chartered Accountants with their exceptionally diverse intellect, innovation and financial acumen should diligently and tirelessly work to maintain the highest standards in our profession.
We must make unequivocal commitment to make worthy and innovative contributions to auditing, accounting, finance and strategic business processes. At the same time vow to uphold the public trust within the society we serve.
Areas of Strategic Focus
|Strengthening CA Education & Training||Focused Infrastructure Development|
Spreading Wings Globally
|Supporting Society – Commitment to Nation||Robust Disciplinary Mechanism|
|Developing Best Human Resource Practices||Brand Building|
|Focused Infrastructure Development|
|9 Robust Disciplinary U«1 Mechanism|
|Supporting Society – Commitment to Nation|
Strengthening CA Education & Training
- Making the course curriculum comprehensive and engaging. Having educational systems benchmarked to the modern educational pedagogies being followed globally.
- Efficient monitoring of artideship and methodologies to ensure quality training.
- Encouraging students to undergo industrial training to enable them to take challenges of industrial world.
- Holistic development of students by conducting programs on soft skills.
- Steps to enhance participation of national and foreign organisations in campus placement.
- Improving grievance management and helpline services to make them more effective for speedy solutions.
- World class training for professional enhancement through seminars, workshops and hands on training.
- Facilitate collaboration with leading national and international academic and professional bodies for skill upgradation and professional growth.
- Training programmes to equip members with latest trends in technology and business.
- Programmes to help members specialise in emerging areas of audit, accounting and consulting.
- Introduction of new diploma and certificate courses in new emerging areas to facilitate specialisation.
- Creating specific professional opportunities for women and work towards their empowerment.
- Conducting exploratory research on future trends in accounting and audit.
- Comparative studies on accounting standards and practices transparency, corporate governance, financial reporting practices and methodologies at national and global level.
- Examining challenges in the implementation of standards.
- Conducting industry specific researches and making them available to the members particularly to small and medium enterprises.
Spreading Wings Globally
- Mutual recognition agreements with parallel accounting bodies in other countries.
- Liaison for cooperation and knowledge sharing with international academic and professional organisations.
- Providing support for setting up accounting bodies in emerging economies.
- Participate in initiatives to set international standards in accounting, audit and financial reporting in a proactive and significant manner.
- Extending geographical reach through creation of new chapters.
- Identifying international opportunities for the members.
- Promoting brand ICAI by conducting international educational events and programmes.
Developing Best Human
- Preparation of long range manpower plan and HR policy –
- Taking proactive steps to attract and retain best talent.
- Regular HR training for staff at head office, regional office and branches.
ACTION PLAN 2015-16
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Focused Infrastructure Development
- Creating commensurate organisation structure to meet emerging challenges.
- Set-up need based physical infrastructure to effectively serve various stakeholders.
- Establish reading rooms, libraries, smart classrooms to facilitate conducive environment for learning.
Effective use of technology for improved delivery of services to members and students.
Networking of regional offices, branches and chapters with head office using latest technology and infrastructure.
Centralised database to capture member and student details to facilitate efficient and quick processing of any request to the institute.
Creation of self-service portal for students and members for submission of forms, receipt of fees and tracking of status elecronically.
Reengineering document management and digitisation of records.
Setting up online ICAI chat room of various professionals for exchange of knowledge.
Creation of technical contents in professional subjects and their distribution through mobile app, ICAI TV.
Robust Disciplinary Mechanism
- Encourage members to adhere to code of conduct and highest ethical practices through awareness programmes.
- Time bound, speedy disposal of disciplinary cases.
- Showcasing strengths and effectiveness of disciplinary mechanism to government, regulators and stakeholders.
Supporting Society – Commitment to Nation
- Providing quality inputs to various ministries and regulatory bodies in the matters related to policy, implementation and monitoring.
- Participate in Clean India – ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan*
- Go Green – All our new buildings to be environmentally responsible and resource-efficient ‘Green Buildings’ with solar energy. Gardens for all existing ones.
- Reducing consumption of paper and take steps to become paperless office.
- Participate in ‘Make in India Initiative’ for boosting national economy, converting India to a self-reliant country and to give Indian economy global recognition.
- Actively involve in comprehensive financial inclusion plan – Jan Dhan Yojna.
- Awareness programmes for public in areas related to income, taxation, savings and investment.
- Institute special award for branches at all India level on the basis of their accomplishments in the area of public benefits.
- Showcasing strength and achievements of ICAI nationally and internationally.
- Publicity of versatility of services offered by CAs.
- Informing public on contribution and accomplishment of Chartered Accountants.
- Uphold public confidence in the abilities and role of Chartered Accountants.
- Awareness seminars in schools and educational institution about chartered accountancy profession and its scope.
Scholarships for meritorious students in various senior secondary boards.